Monday, May 31, 2010

The Week Of the Epic Wedding

When Caleb got married last summer he named the wedding: The Wedding of Awesomeness. Megan and Zach's wedding he has dubbed: The Epic Wedding. He's a journalist and just has a thing with words, wouldn't you say?

Today has been rather low key. The calm before the storm? I don't think the wedding day will feel like a storm, but the week will get busier as the days get closer.

Here is how I spent the latter part of the morning:

Our washing machine has given up, so every couple of days I head to the laundry mat and wash a load or two and bring it home to dry. Like I really needed more stress in my life right now, huh? I have had a couple of friends offer me the use of their washers and I probably will. That does seem like the ultimate "airing your dirty laundry" scenario. I have observed some interesting characters in those laundry mats. Today's grandmother screaming at her 2 year old granddaughter to stop screaming was classic. And sad.

Zach, the groom-to-be, has been to the airport to pick up one of his groomsmen who has flown from Thailand to stand up for Zach. Zach spent a couple of summers when he was in college doing mission work in Thailand and made some really great friends during that time. Zach and his Thai friend will be here for supper. We're having pizza. Very American!

There is randomness ahead. Be prepared.

Wednesday was our last Small Group Bible Study meeting. We have been a part of this Small Group for close to nine years. The people have changed over the years and we have enjoyed them all. We decided to end it with a meal together. Here is a shot of them in our dining room.

Oh I will miss those people.

Okay. New subject before I start crying for the umpteenth time.

I thought it would be fun to capture a picture of some of our different wedding shoes. Which do you think are cuter?

They are (clockwise, top left) my hubby's, one of the flower girls, Megan's (a beautiful dark purple) and mine.

I'm hoping to post a picture or two every day this week. I intend to savor every moment from the lunch I had with Megan and her dad today to the last kiss at the reception.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shoe Vote - This is really pretty simple. You see the word "cute" relates to small things (ie there are no "cute" 4000 sqft houses). So it's got to be the white flower girl shoes. Sorry everyone else!

Sandy Cutshall said...

I'm following you all week. I'll be praying that things go well for everyone - safe travels, good health, only a few butterflies....

Can't wait to see more pictures!