Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Stuff I've Been Doing

Sometimes I am amazed at how busy I can be when I don't have a job outside the home.

Last week I went to the smaller town we are moving to to look for a house. We did find one. That is pretty amazing seeing as there really weren't very many to choose from. It was even the one I had seen online that I really liked.

Some observations about house hunting:

There were a frighteningly number of houses we looked at that had a room decorated with a wolf motif. I just have one question: Why? Why would someone want a border of wolves looking at them all around the room? Fortunately the house we are buying only had a picture of a wolf in one room and I would assume the sellers would take that with them. (I hope.)

If you are selling a house don't you think it would be a good idea to actually clean up the outside of the house to give a good first impression? One house we looked at really turned me off because the outside needed so much work.

Okay, I'll stop griping. I am just thankful we found one we really liked.

Pedicures. I like them. Late yesterday afternoon I called the salon I get my hair done at and was able to get in for an appointment in just 45 minutes! It was so relaxing. I wish I could get them more often. When we lived in Singapore I got one every three weeks. Oh so nice. I miss that.

My hubby and I received free tickets to a Chamber Orchestra concert last Friday night. We enjoyed it and the Mediterranean dinner we had before. I will really miss living this close to The Big City.

Our daughter is coming home this weekend for a bridal shower our church is giving her. It's here at our house, so I have been thinking about how to decorate. I have a couple of cakes to bake this week too. It should be fun.

I know this post is really random. I just can't think of a cohesive theme to tie all this together.

Wedding plans are coming right along. Just last week I found 30 yards of just-the-right-color-purple fabric that I get to make into lots and lots of table runners for the reception.

Today I am watching a friend's sweet baby girl. She's only 10 weeks old. Right now she's napping and making those sweet baby noises. I fed her one bottle so far which she took really well.

Okay, I think that's enough of this painfully non-interesting post.






1 comment:

Olson Family said...

My in-laws have Loons AND Wolves! Near Detroit Lakes - Ufda (ta??). And my husband wonders why this CA girl said "please never make me move to MN?" when we got engaged. Even though it is the likely place we'll end up after this rotation is over - reports of this winter have not been a good selling point. God is SOOOOO funny. :)