Cleaning and sorting.
Sorting and cleaning.
What fun. I don't have a lot of that to do around the house to prepare for putting it up for sale and for the move, but there is some. For example, there are the shoes and clothes that seemed like a good idea at the time, but now all I can think is, "What was I thinking?"
This morning I decided to sort through a couple of drawers in the bathroom. You know, those drawers where you dump all sorts of things. Some things of interest that I found were 6 sewing kits (the kind you get in a hotel or on an airplane) and no less than FOURTEEN shower caps. I could shower and not get my hair wet for a very long time. Longer than anyone around me would like and not a good idea. I'm thinking I can stop "collecting" those for a while. The interesting thing is some of them have the hotel name on them. There is one from the cruise we took to Hawaii a couple of years ago, one from The Shangri-la hotel in Singapore, and there is even one from a hotel in Chang Mai, Thailand. The Thailand trip was 11 years ago. I guess it's a good thing I have been collecting shower caps since I obviously use them often. (insert sarcastic font here)
I know this is such a riveting post. But hey -- it's my life right now.
I should hit the Publish button and go scrub that laundry room floor. I don't think I'll take pictures.

2 comments:
Been there, done that. Well, not Singapore or Hawaii, but sorting and cleaning. And more fun than "what was I thinking?" is "I wondered where I put that!" Many decisions to make....are you a pack rat like me? Many people ask if I'm "settled" yet - 6 months of living in a 2bdrm apartment after living in a 4000+ sq ft house for 8 years - I don't think I want to settle. And I don't think there's room to unpack everything!
A use for the shower caps: if you know anyone with head lice, they could use them during their treatment! The hard part is telling them they have lice (been there, done that).
If it didn't cost an arm & leg, I'd take those shower caps off your hands. I, gasp, don't wash my hair daily - ponytail every other day :) - and shower caps are great to keep the moisture down and the frizz away. AND - the girls like playing in the bathtub with them. :)
Good luck with sorting & cleaning!
Post a Comment