Monday, September 28, 2009

What I've Been Up To

Listening to... our new, quieter refrigerator! And as a bonus... it keeps the food cold!

Thankful for... my husband who always loves me. Even though he knows all the icky stuff way deep inside me, he loves me. I am one lucky girl.

Enjoying... my shorter hair. And the cool fall weather.

In the kitchen... tomatoes waiting to be made into soup, I received a new recipe from a friend I think I will try tonight. I should make some fresh bread too.

Sewing... a quilted cover for my sewing machine. I'm using scraps from a wall-hanging quilt I made from Mary Engelbreit fabrics. The fabric makes me happy.

Reading... "The Piano Shop on The Left Bank." Kind of interesting, kind of not.

Striving for... a merry heart, a gentle tone.

In the yard/garden... Impatiens that have been beautiful, but will probably succomb to a freeze in the not too distant future. Purple mums that are about done too. Another season ending, another season beginning.

Praying for... a job for my newly married son and a few others I know are either in need of a job or just a different job.

In the CD player today... Charlie Hall's Falling Into Daybreak. Love Come For Me, Center, Marvelous Light, Your Glory Endures Forever, Micah 6:8... basically love the CD.

Watching... the leaves turning colors. Looking forward to seeing them in Wisconsin.

Just Finished Reading... the book of Job. Man. I wish I understood the reason for about 35 of those chapters.

Studying... Matthew in our Small Group. I'm looking forward to some great discussions ahead.

Over-indulging on... homemade salsa! Soooo yummy. And yes, there are chips eaten along with the salsa.

Trying out... a discipleship/mentor relationship with a young mom. Really new territory for me!

Gearing up for... winter in the Great White North again.

Looking forward to... a 10 day vacation with my wonderful husband! We haven't done something with just the two of us for this long in 18 years!

How about you??

1 comment:

Drew and Rachel said...

hey there Judy.

Our team has been listening to and discussing a series of lectures given by John Stott on Matthew's account of the teaching on the Mount. They are excellent. I have never ever heard such a responsible and piercing interpretation of this well-known but little heeded part of the book; it's cleared up a lot of misunderstandings and questions. I wonder if Pete might be interested in listening to these as he preps for leading the discussion.

with love,
rach