Monday, September 14, 2009

Just Because I Can

Gotta write a post right now. I am sitting at the airport in Kansas City and there is free Wi-Fi. So I have to post something. Just to say I did. And to appear to be a cool blogger.

I have spent a long weekend in Kansas visiting my kids. That's been a first for me (by myself). I am too wimpy to make the 8-plus hour drive all by myself, so I used the last of our frequent flyer miles to come down here. So even though I flew here, I still drove over 580 miles. 360 of those was to Columbia, MO and back.

Megan and I went to Columbia for her to meet with a friend of ours there who owns a tutoring clinic. Megan spend a couple of hours with him so he could help her know how to study for the PCAT exam she is taking in October. The PCAT is an entrance exam for Pharmacy School. She says it was a very beneficial trip. We also got to visit with some other friends while we were in town. The day was topped off with pizza at Shakespeare's (they have a really funny website, go visit it). Only the best pizza ever! With some of our best friends ever!

I think one of the funniest and funnest things Megan and I did was to get a pedicure. Just the busyness of the nail place was amusing. I wanted to take a picture or two, but didn't want to appear rude. Trust me. It was crazy. My pedicure was given by a 19 year old young man! A first for me. I think the funniest thing was the chihuahua running around with the nails on each foot painted a different color.

Well, I should post this and shut down to get ready for my flight. See you in Minnesota!

For your listening pleasure, I took this video while I was sitting on the front porch of where Megan lives. I call it "The Sound of Kansas."

Cicadas.

They sure can be loud.