Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Daughter-In-Law

I goofed.

Two months ago today was my brand-new-daughter-in-law's birthday. I totally forgot to wish her a Happy Birthday on this ol' blog. Oops!

My hubby and I are so thankful for Amanda. Caleb chose well. She is just the sweetest person ever. And pretty darn smart, too! She has just started medical school and it's fun to ask her what she learned and to get the summary of the day. Impressive. She loves God and she loves Caleb. What more could we ask for? I told her at their rehearsal dinner that we had prayed for her since Caleb was tiny. We spent twenty-plus years praying for his future wife. It has been exciting to meet her and see how God has answered those prayers.

I took this picture on Caleb & Amanda's wedding day. Isn't she beautiful? I remember telling her she might as well keep smiling all day because she was going to get her picture taken a lot. Her reply was, "I don't think I can stop smiling!" It was such a happy day!
So, two months late --- Happy Birthday, Amanda!

No comments: