Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday Random Dozen....

I thought I would jump into these fun questions from Linda@2nd Cup of Coffee again. It's kinda fun!

1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.
I really wish I had some pictures of me from those years. (We called it Junior High back in those days.) I remember my mom encouraging me to sign up for choir. I am glad she did because I don't know that I would have found out how much I like to sing if I hadn't started singing in choir then. I didn't think I could sing because my older sister always told me I couldn't. (But then that same sister wanted me to sing at her wedding...hmmm...) Now I sing on our church's worship team and just love doing that.

2. What's your favorite Beatles song?
"Hey Jude
" of course! :) My son even has it as the ring-tone for when I call him.

3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
Do pajamas count as an outfit?

4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
I really enjoy both. Hosting a party is fun and I usually don't stress out over it, or if I do, the stress is short-lived.
We recently hosted an Open House for the newlyweds, Caleb and Amanda. I had a minor panic attack shortly before it started, but my dear husband calmed me down and it turned out to be a great party!

5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
No, I don't think traditional printed books will ever go away. I haven't tried to read a digital one yet, but it doesn't seem appealing to me. One thought....you never run out of battery power when reading a traditional book.


6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?
Experiencing mostly. When I sewed garments I would tend to just look at the pictures on the directions before I resorted to read the actual words. Sometimes it got me into trouble.

7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
Someone who talked about themselves all the time and/or acted like they knew the answers to everything. Thankfully I haven't been single for a VERY long time.


8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
SALTY
. But I can't pass up a good Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie.

9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there? Ummm...I'm sitting in the family room and I don't see anything that isn't supposed to be there. Does that mean I am a little OCD? Or maybe it speaks to the fact that there are no children living here anymore. Yeah, we'll go with that one. :)

10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?
I can't think of a favorite off the top of my head. I don't think I've seen too many of his films. "Top Gun" comes to mind and that was a long, long time ago.


11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?
I would probably keep using it, alternating it with a shampoo I liked, until my husband told me that was stupid and that I should just throw away the stuff I didn't like.

12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.)
Chili and cornbread. And I have been thinking about making Lasagna and last night I made yummy Baked Spaghetti. Oh, then there are the homemade soups... lots of yummy food I'm looking forward to cooking!

11 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I never thought about battery power when reading digital books -- THAT would be frustrating to run out right at a crucial moment!

Ever since I first saw the question about fall foods this morning, I've been thinking of all kinds of things to start making when the weather turns cooler.

Heidi said...

Righto JammyO, it's an outfit. The 100% cotton hunting socks? Um- maybe Meijer or Gander Mountain, I think. Not sure. Hubby gets them for me for Christmas. When I put them on, I am instantly warm and relaxed. I actually cannot sleep w/o them.

Empty nester, eh? I can see that from here and it is not lookin' good to me- yet.

OCD. Yep. I like a place for everything and everything in its place, but if you've seen my current posts, you know that is not happening here right now and that just has to be okay.

I'd love to share a cup of that soup with you!
Heidi@2 Thinks to Share

Danae Hudson said...

I love your list! And you're right about the battery thing. I never even thought of that. I would be so angry if it shut down when I was on the last few pages!!!

Jewel said...

FYI: Conditioner (and shampoo too maybe!) can be used as a great substitute for shaving your legs!

Yes, corn bread. =D Mmm. And yes to Hey Jude!

So when is the party??

Brook said...

OCD...so much better than the answer I cam up with. But of course I am so OCD that I can't handle the letters being out of alphabetical order, so I'm CDO! :)

Pam said...

Pajamas TOTALLY count as an outfit... at home... and evidently at Walmart since I've seen ppl wear them there before! LOL

Beth said...

so was I the sister that told you that you couldn't sing? remember that coming from a sister that was in band in high school because I COULDN'T sing! :o)

Robin Lambright said...

YES! pajama's are an outfit!

Thanks for stopping by my blog for RD.

I love it when I have new folks show up in my comments.

Have a wonderful weekend and great RD post!

Shalom
Robin

Thena said...

Found you from Lindas random dozen. #8 when you mentioned chocolate oatmeal cookies made me think of the ones I make that requires no baking. Had to go look and youir recipe looks delicious. But then again how can you go wrong with chocolate.

Mocha with Linda said...

Love your list and agree with lots of it!

quilly said...

#6 -- me too! Once I made a blouse, missed the directions about sewing up the darts and had this clump of extra material at my chest. My supposedly form fitting blouse most certainly wasn't! LOL!