Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Random Dozen Week #4

1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
Snuggled up under a blanket in the basement with my sweetie and some good friends. (Just read that again...needs clarification...I'm under the blanket with JUST my sweetie and NOT the friends too!) Add some popcorn or a hot pizza and it's perfect!

2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
Sometimes. Not very much. I'd like it to bring glory to Jesus Christ my Savior.

3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?

When it comes to my marriage, I'd say a taker. My husband takes such great care of me and spoils me to no end. I am blessed. (I really don't know how to answer this one.)

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
This has been interesting to try to figure out in our marriage. Perfect timing for this question. We leave tomorrow for a vacation of "play it by ear!" I am so excited! I will let you know how it goes!

5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
Windows. They are so frustrating to clean and then it rains and they are dirty again.

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
The cause for Jesus Christ. Having a good, healthy church to spread the Good News.

7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
I don't eat them very often. But when I do, crunchy peanut butter and raspberry jelly on some really good wheat bread. Yum!

8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
You can tell I'm nervous if I ramble or chew on my fingernails or bite my lower lip. (I'm getting better at the rambling thing. I used to say things that would just get me in trouble later, so I've learned to just keep my mouth shut.)

9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies?
Pretty much the basics. This probably sounds weird, but sometimes I pluck my eyebrows when I'm getting ready for bed. (You wanted to know that didn't you?) Saves me time in the morning. I almost always read before I go to sleep. And then there's the whole process of getting all the pillows arranged just right.... Maybe all that isn't very basic after all...

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
Just once. I deleted that post. Sometimes it really is hard to know where to draw the line. My question is always, how authentic do I dare to be? I will say that I am quite authentic, but some things just don't need to be out there in bloggy-land.

11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
A few times...Melissa Sue Anderson (Mary on Little House on the Prairie)...No didn't agree with that, what with her blond hair and blue eyes and all. Gilda Radner...no I didn't agree. Didn't have the hair for sure. Rosie O'Donnell. Took that one as an insult. Yuck.

12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
You Are My Sunshine dedicated to my kids, Caleb and Megan. I used to sing this to them when they were little. I can still see those sweet little faces in my mind's eye.

You are my sunshine

My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are gray.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away


Go over to 2nd Cup of Coffee for some more Random Dozen fun!


13 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

#3 - I am like you.

#4 - Have fun!

#5 - This my answer, too. I have a couple more, unfortunately.

#7 - I was hoping to get some interesting answers like this!

#9 - I'm betting you'll be the only one who says she plucks her brows, but I bet a few women do pull a stray now and then before bed.

#11 - Those three people are completely dissimilar! How in the world could people come to those three conclusions, even at different times in a person's life?!

SouthLakesMom said...

Fun answers. I love your love song. I used to sing it to mine as well. Now I sing it to the parakeet. sigh.

Greg C said...

Great answers. I usually only publish about half of the posts I write. I screen myself a lot. :)

Joyce said...

Great answers...have a fantastic holiday!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Love your answer to #2...that was pretty much my answer too.

#5 Ugh, I could add windows to my answer too.

And I agree with Lid on #11...that makes no sense! I'll bet you're not like any of them. :-)

Have a great vacation!

Melli said...

I used to sing that song to MY kids all the time too! As a matter of fact - that was how I woke them up most morning for school! (they hated me for that!) LOL!

Ugh! Outside windows... I just did an entire POST on outside windows! We HAD some that had not been washed in 20 years! NOT KIDDING! Our house is CRAZY high... the upper level windows never get washed! I finally hired someone to come and do it! I can proudly say that FOR THE MOMENT (it has not rained yet) alllllll the windows in my house are CLEAN! (ohhh the things we get excited about!)

Mary, Gilda & ROSIE? What is the connection??? You have 2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth... right?

The Bug said...

My mom didn't like to sing - she didn't think she had a good voice, but my DAD LOVES to sing. I remember riding in the car they would sing "you are my sunshine" - she'd do the melody in an alto & he'd take the high road. It was a lot of fun! They sang "Tell me why the sky is blue" a lot too...

Susanne said...

The whole window thing I've passed on to hubby. LOL.

Have fun on your play it by ear vacation!

janet said...

Those 3 famous people are all so different!

Your #7 almost makes me want to try one.

Enjoyed your answers!

Mocha with Linda said...

#12 - I sang that song every single night at bedtime for years to my kids.

quilly said...

Windows! You had to mention windows! I've been putting off cleaning mine. what's the point. It'll just rain.

I used to sing, "You're My Sunshine," to my niece & nephews. Now they are all grown up and have their own little sunshines.

Have a fantastic vacation!

Kim said...

I'm so glad you clarified #1. LOL

I think plucking at night is a great idea. Don't know about you but my eyebrow area stays red for a couple hours after. Not a good look :-)

Deven said...

Agree with Kim about the eyebrows thing.

Hooray for crunchy peanut butter and wheat bread!