Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Even Random Dozen

I got these questions from Linda@2nd Cup of Coffee. Here is her pretty button for this post:



1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
Both sound horrid to me. At least if I was in a boring meeting, I could pretend to take notes and doodle or write a list. Standing in line would be pretty unbearable though.


2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?
I think it depends on who cornered me and what mood I am in. Unfortunately, if it's a family member, I will likely bite back.


3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
My mother is 100% Swedish, so that makes me half Swedish. (You'd never know by looking at me with my dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.) My dad is of German heritage. I don't remember my percentage on that one.) His ancestors fought in the Civil War and he has medals from them. Pretty cool. My husband's claim to fame is the fact that his 9-times great-grandfather is William Bradford. The governor of Plymouth Colony. Quite awesome.


4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
By having a great sense of humor and getting my humor. By being authentic. Honest.


5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.
Cookies. No wait, ice cream. No wait, pie. no... Choose one? Okay I'll go with cookies. I finally found/created a recipe for the perfect Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Here's a post about those yummy cookies.


6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
Only if I am dressed up for a special occasion. I just don't like to take the time to decide which purse and which stuff to transfer.

7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
Definitely relationship-oriented. I have been in situations with very task-oriented people and I try to talk and be more relational and it drives the task-oriented person nuts.

8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
I like IHOP. Who doesn't like pancakes or waffles? (although my daughter-in-law was telling us the evils of carbohydrates recently...) I have never eaten at Bob Evans.

9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
Yep! The second Indiana Jones movie. (The fact I saw that in the theater shows my age doesn't it?) Temple of Doom. It was too violent. I have stopped watching a couple of rented movies too. All because of too much violence.

10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization? Attacking quilting projects. Eating and exercising. Ironing?

11. Was middle school fun or painful?
I don't remember it being strongly one way or the other. (maybe it's been too long?) I would say for my kids it was painful.

12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
Can I say Iced Tea even though I drink it all through the year?

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Visiting from Lindas...basically I've decided that I'm collecting recipes from all of today's meme responses : ) Enjoy your day.

Mocha with Linda said...

Iced tea absolutely qualifies! I've got some sitting here as I type!

Michelle said...

Mmm...oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Next time you make them, invite me over. Okay?

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You brought to mind the possibility of doodling during the meeting, another reason for me to choose the meeting.

#3: Really interesting

#4: We'd get along well. I love to laugh.

So glad you jumped in this week!

Susanne said...

"Ironing" cracked me right up. Boy can I relate. I need a little bit of discipline in that arena too.

Olson Family said...

Ironing? I would say it's the guilt talking! The question says "would like" and I'm guessing neither of us "would like" to iron? :)
I just paid $39 for Bart's 3 pairs of pants at the dry cleaners (they're wool so pretty much have to go there). That is the only reason I find it in myself to iron his shirts and other pants - :).