I have been experiencing a very lonely couple of months. I've gone through a couple of tough things that I wish I could have just not done (one being a doctors appointment), but they had to be done. I spent a lot of time crying to God, crying in my pillow, feeling sad. In the past when I have felt like this, I have blubbered all over some close friends and my husband. This time I tried to keep it to myself.
Do you know how loving and amazing God is? A couple of weeks ago, in His kind, gentle way, He began to show me His love. It started with the results of a routine test that I was concerned about coming back negative. I was so thrilled I cried.
Last Friday when I was shopping I called home to see if there were any voice mails. There was one from an old college friend. It has been close to a year since I have talked with her. At first I was bummed that I had missed talking to her. But I was able to call her when I was driving through the Big City. We talked for an hour. That was so refreshing and such a gift. (And it helped get through the rush hour traffic with no stress.)
I also was able to visit (for three hours!) a dear friend and show her the dress I had bought for my son's wedding. (During that visit my husband called to read me a letter saying that my other routine test was also negative. I was so thrilled I jumped up and down!)
Then to top it off my husband and I had a sweet weekend together.
I was feeling so loved by my God. It was as if He was putting His big, strong, gentle arms around me and telling me, "Yes, Judy, you are loved. I care for you. You have friends that care for you."
As I was driving home I was listening to Chris Tomlin's newest CD. At the end is a song using the words from Fanny Crosby's hymn "All the Way My Savior Leads Me."
All the way my Savior leads me,
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.
I listened to that song so many times on the way home. It soothed my soul. Maybe it will do the same for you:
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.
I listened to that song so many times on the way home. It soothed my soul. Maybe it will do the same for you:
How has God shown His love for you?
2 comments:
Wow. I haven't heard that song before - but I think it is soon to be one of my favorites! Thank you so much for sharing. I just got done reading Drew and Rachel's blog (all the entries!) and your comments and this song made me think of them and their situation.
Keep smiling, Judy, and thanks for "keeping it real" :)
Thank you - think I'll pick up that CD on the homeleave.
Post a Comment