Saturday, March 7, 2009

All That Jazz

Last night I got to take advantage of a Christmas present given to Pete. Megan and Zach gave him two tickets to a concert at the Minnesota Orchestra Hall. The group was Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra. They played the music of Thelonious Monk. Wasn't it nice of Pete to take me along to use the second ticket? Thanks sweetie for the date!

They were some pretty awesome musicians.

My only complaint of the evening was all the clapping that is done at jazz concerts. Not just once at the end of a song, but many times during a song for each solo. Yes, I know, it's proper. (I'm really just kidding about the complaining part....)

The amusing part of the evening was coming out of the parking garage and standing there trying to figure out where the heck we were and how to get to the restaurant we wanted to go to. I'm sure we looked pretty stupid. But we didn't make any wrong turns and found our way to Chipotle just fine. (It was yummy.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being my date! The music was awesome. But having you for my date was more awesome.