1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually wrapping paper, but I do use both. A couple of years ago I went shopping the morning of the 26th and bought LOTS of paper for 50% off. I think I won't need to buy any wrapping paper for years.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, because I hate crawling around on the floor trying to water a real one.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving. We did it just last weekend this year. (It sucked to put it up without the kids here.)
4. When do you take the tree down? Shortly after New Year's Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yummm! I looked at some at the grocery store the other day. I think I'll get some soon.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Easy Bake Oven. I still have it. I had so much fun with that when I was little.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Brother-in-law. This year we are doing a gift card exchange so no agonizing over that.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My children.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have eight! I have a piece of furniture called a step chest and have a nativity scene on each step, and one on the living room coffee table.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. We write a Christmas letter every year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The year I was missing my two front teeth, my uncle decided I needed two teeth. So he wrapped in a tiny box two PIGS TEETH! I was so disgusted I "lost" them so I didn't have to bring them home. My uncle still talks about it to this day (he's 88). My aunt always told me that she boiled the teeth before they wrapped them. (I found out a few years ago that my uncle took them out of a pig's head the dogs had been chewing on! Ewww!)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life. It always makes me wonder what kind of a difference I have made in other's lives.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime in the fall. But this year I am really behind!
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe I have, maybe I haven't. I'll never tell.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's Spritz cookies and Swedish Potato Bologna.
16. Lights on the tree? We have always had white lights, but I'd like to try colored ones sometime.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night and Joy to the World.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer to stay home, but we are traveling to see extended family. I have enjoyed traveling to "fun" places for Christmas. We've gone to New Zealand, Australia and last year was a cruise around the Hawaiian islands.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Doubt it.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Different every year. It all depends on when we go to be with extended families. Most of the time it's not even on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Now that both kids have significant others, that's getting even more complicated. This year it will be the 29th.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowds.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? This year I put mostly clear/iridescent ornaments on and filled in with the kids' ornaments. They'll be taking them with them to their new homes sooner than I think. Then I'll have to come up with some new ideas.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? To spend time with my family. I am so looking forward to my kids being home and to having their girlfriend and boyfriend here.
1 comment:
I love you like a sister.
Post a Comment