Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Cold

I went out to run some errands today. It involved a 15 minute warm-up of my car. The "high" was about -6.

Yes, that's a negative sign in front of the 6. That's what they call cold. I heard a weather man say it's chilly. A slight understatement, I think.

I learned something too. Even though I got all nice and warm in the grocery store, it's still a good idea to zip up my coat and put my gloves on when I head out to the parking lot. Despite how cozy I was in the store, -6 is still cold.

**sigh**


Silly me. My fingers hurt by the time I got the grocery bags put in the car.

You'd never know this is my eighth (yes, 8th) winter in The Great White North.

FYI: The temp is currently -9. The flannel sheets are on the bed. My bed heater is getting ready for bed (my husband). It's supposed to get down to -16. Yesterday the low for tonight was forecasted as -26. But really, when it gets this cold what difference does the numbers make?

Stay warm!!

1 comment:

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

And I thought it was cold here at 50 degrees! Obvs, I would never survive where you live! :)