I'm pretty sure that's the right word. Immune. It seems to describe my situation. One of the definitions in Webster's Dictionary is: not susceptible or responsive.
Yep that definition works.
See, years ago I became unresponsive to my husband's alarm which goes off five mornings a week at 5am. Good thing, because I really don't think there is oxygen at that hour.
But the flip side of being immune is not so good from my point of view.
Tonight, I snuggled into bed for a good night's sleep about 45 minutes after my sweetie turned out his light. I read my book for a whopping 10 minutes. I kept drifting off and not remembering what I had read. So I turned off my light. Arranged my myriad of pillows (only 3!). Blissfully relaxed thinking about the day tomorrow. Praying for my loved ones. Praising God for the wonderful blessings He has given my kids. Ahhhh. Sleeeep.
**Snort**
**Full Out Snore**
(Hint: It's NOT me.)
Nudge husband with my foot.
Pause in noise. Resume heavy breathing.
Me: Turn Over!
He turned over. Pause in noise. Snort.
Darn.
Several more nudges. No change.
I think he has become immune to my nudges and heavy sighs.
Get up and vent on blog, hoping he'll get through this stage of sleep so I can crawl back into bed and fall asleep.
**SIGH**
Have I mentioned that I dearly love my husband? Just wish he slept more quietly.
Okay. Off to do this again. Wish me luck!
2 comments:
I sure got a good night's sleep. Thank's sweetie!
I feel your pain. My man is also immune to the nudges and I spend some nights reading in 'his' chair until I can fall asleep again.
Hi! We are back safely and I did get to meet your friends from Budapest - S & P. As I tried to explain that 1) I've never met you in person, 2) I can't even remember how you landed on my blog, 3) you are a 'blog friend' and 4) you and I know some of the same people (David's) - "isn't it a small world" - I started to think 'S' was looking at me with a "this woman is a bit goofy and spends too much time alone in Switzerland" look on his face.
Probably not what he was thinking but I started to sound weird to myself!
God answered a lot of prayers with this trip and I was just thankful to be part of it.
God's blessings to you. Feel free to use my email if you want to chat outside of the blog comment box. :)
Post a Comment