Thursday, October 30, 2008

Over-Flowing Wednesday

I had lunch yesterday with a friend I don't get to see often enough. Our lunch ended up being 4 hours long. We had a lot to talk about. Barb demonstrated to me such great love. She shared wisdom from her experiences and challenged me. How great to be able to benefit from her experience as someone who has gone before me. I pray I will be able to do the same for others.

On the way home from lunch I got to talk with another of those don't get to see often enough great friends. We caught up on news. (She always has fun news about her grandbabies.) Then as I was able to share some of the struggles I have had (and how her daughters have encouraged me) she spoke truth of encouragement to me. She has told me this list of things to be thankful for despite my frustration many times before, but each time she does, I see the truth and embrace them. Yesterday I thanked God for the reminder.

We ended the day with our small group Bible study. Oh how I love this group of people. We are so diverse. From a 19 year old new Christian, to a newly married couple (she is a new Christian), to a couple we prayed for two years to come to our small group, to a few of us who grew up in the church. Tonight as we spent more than a half an hour sharing prayer requests, I was struck with the bond/love we all have for each other.

I love the body of Christ.

God is good. These two verses came to mind as I reflected on the day:

John 1:16
From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.

1 John 3:1
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

No comments: