Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Do Like These List Things

Got this one from Life at 7000 Feet

Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall?
Oooo. Good Carole King song. Wait, I don't think that's what this is asking. Uh-em... My favorite season is definitely Spring. I love seeing everything come back to life. After living 80 miles north of the equator for three years and no changes in the seasons, I came to realize that I do like the changes of seasons.

Who is your favorite Disney princess? Belle. My daughter's best friend played her in their high school musical last fall.

What's the last book you read? The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson. I thought this was a stand alone novel, but it turns out to be first of a series of seven. Grr. The rest are already on my Christmas list

What book are you reading right now? I Second That Emotion: Untangling Our Zany Feelings by Patsy Clairmont

Name one "presidential" memory (an election you remember as a child, voting for the first time, etc.) The first presidential election I remember is Nixon vs. Humphrey. I remember talking about it during our Brownies meetings.

What are 3 things that scare you/freak you out?
1. Winding, mountain hugging roads
2. Snakes or any reptiles
3. A spider on the dashboard when I'm driving 70 mph down the interstate

If you were running for office, what would your campaign slogan be? The bigger question is WHY would I run for office. I hate politics.

What is your favorite football team? None. Hate football. But I will cheer for my Alma Mater, Iowa State University. (and for my kids' school Kansas University)

How are they doing this season? Ummm... I'm supposed to know this? Well I do know Iowa State isn't doing too hot. That's all I know.

Do you have anything particular that you're looking forward to this Fall? Yep. We are going to a family reunion over Thanksgiving. It will involve many family members that are rarely seen. There are two cousins on that side of the family that I have never met and I hope to meet one of them. (The other one lives in South America and she's not making the trip.)

Are you craving anything right now? Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies. Darn. I should have made those for Bible study tonight instead of the lemon/zucchini pound cake that's in the oven right now. I should make those cookies for next week.

What's the last thing that really made you laugh out loud? My son. I so love hanging out with him and being goofy. I can be goofy with him like no one else. (Love you buddy!)

1 comment:

Olson Family said...

OK - 2 comments on your list. 1) I listened to Carole King (Tapestry)on way back from Hungary - too weird - enjoyed singing about the seasons while watching the Fall colors.
2) Best football game I ever went to was IA State - waited in our basement, eating pizza with friends while the tornadoes blew through and then made it to the game - right as they let everyone back into the stadium. Wind was blowing so hard the flags were blowing in FRONT of the flag bearers instead of behind.

Good Memories. Thank You. (I'd do a list myself but am really supposed to be arranging the mystery for the 8 yr old Bday party - I'm obviously feeling uninspired - maybe too old for this :) ).