Monday, November 3, 2008

A Privilege

Tuesday is a big day in this country. I consider it a huge privilege to be able to vote for who I want and to have a say in how my country is run.

I try to remember to pray for those in leadership. Such a big job I would not want to have. While I am concerned with the direction our country is headed I remember what is said in the book of Daniel chapter 2 verse 21:

He changes times and seasons; He sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
See that? It says that God sets up the kings and deposes them. He is in control of who is the leader and when that leader's time is up. So no matter who is elected president tomorrow, God is in control. He has a purpose.

Consider these verses from Isaiah 10:

1 Woe to those who make unjust laws,
to those who issue oppressive decrees,

2 to deprive the poor of their rights
and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people,
making widows their prey
and robbing the fatherless.

3 What will you do on the day of reckoning,
when disaster comes from afar?
To whom will you run for help?
Where will you leave your riches?

4 Nothing will remain but to cringe among the captives
or fall among the slain.
Yet for all this, his anger is not turned away,
his hand is still upraised.



2 comments: