Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Empty Nest Fun

I found a perk of having an empty nest.

I get to travel with my husband.

He actually doesn't travel much at all. When he told me a few weeks ago that he had to go to a plant in Iowa, I asked him if I could come along. It all worked out fine for me to do so. Last night we arrived at our hotel in Dutch Town, USA. I enjoyed looking around town today. Even visited a bakery and bought only ONE Dutch Letter -- well for today. :)

(A Dutch Letter is a yummy almond-flavored pastry.)

I drove to the town I lived in when I was born. I took some pictures of the (awful looking) house we lived in. I hope to take a few more pictures tomorrow and write about some of the memories I have from visiting here when the kids were 18 months old and 4 years old.

We will have a quick visit with my parents at the end of the week. It's quick because THEY are traipsing off to Florida. Hmph.

Well, I think I will head into town and see if I can find a place for supper. The husband has a business dinner tonight. It's okay, I don't mind eating alone if I have a good book. Let's see, maybe "el mexicano foodo?" :)

No comments: