Our daughter is trying to find a church home to fit into in the college town she has moved to. She thought she had found one, but decided she didn't think everything that was said from the pulpit was biblical, so she is looking some more. I think she is doing a terrific job of looking at churches through what the Bible says.
I came across this list when I was reading another blog. (I don't know the person, so I won't put a link here to her blog.)
Hallmarks of a Healthy Church
1) Stresses authority of Scripture, not special revelations2) Leads by strong and gentle example, gentle encouragement
3) Teaches Godly relationship with larger society
4) Keeps the focus on Jesus, not on the leader
5) Maintains high standards of purity
6) No additional requirements for salvation
7) Allows members to hear from God for themselves
8) Teaches biblical principles allowing individuals to grow and make decisions for themselves
9) Fosters relationships with the larger community that are more than self-serving.
We are praying for wisdom for Megan as she makes this big decision on her own.
2 comments:
thanks for the prayers! :) that list is helpful for me too!
Well, YOU are the main reason I posted that list.
Post a Comment