Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Daughter


This picture is of my wonderful daughter, Megan. What a blessing she has been in my life from the moment she was born. I was so thrilled when I heard, "It's a Girl!" Good thing she was since we had only picked out a girl's name... This picture shows her exuberance for life. I love it! We were vacationing in Montana and driving towards Yellowstone when she and her big brother exclaimed that there was a meadow and they NEEDED to frolic in it. What goofy kids. I so admire her. (And not just cuz she's a size 4.) She is beautiful inside and out. She has a love for life -- as you can see from the picture. Most importantly she has a great love for Jesus. She told me she has written on her facebook under religion, "It's not a religion, it's a personal relationship with Jesus Christ." She's got it. I love how she loves to learn about the Word of God. She WANTS to go to church and to youth group and WANTS to be challenged. She loves little children and does a great job of taking care of them. They adore her. She puts her whole heart into her school work. One of the most amazing things about her is how she loves to help roof houses. Our church has a ministry of roofing in the summer months. Megan is always there to volunteer and gets up on the roof and works all day. I so admire her willingness to serve others like that. I love her laugh. Did I mention how talented she is? She loves to play the piano and does it with such passion. I will miss hearing her play when she leaves home. And oh her voice. She can sing!!! Sometimes when she is in the basement playing the piano and singing along I stand at the top of the stairs and listen with joy in my heart. We recently watched some old home movies. Oh my. How did my sweet little 4 year old singing a song from preschool turn into this beautiful young lady? Only by the grace of a merciful God. Thank you for the blessing of Megan, Lord. I cannot wait to see what You have in store for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post gives rise to several of the names Megan is called:

"Big Megan" - by the little kids she takes care of, especially when some of them have the name Megan

"Shingle Princes" - by other workers when roofing houses

"Meggy-Poo" - by her brother when frolicing in the meadow

Zach said...

A very accurate description!