I've been trying to think and pray about the purpose of this blog lately, thus the lull in between posts.
I like to be able to record family events. I like to have an outlet to write out my thoughts and feelings. But I'm just not sure it's serving any purpose any more for anyone other than me. (And maybe that's okay.)
These are some questions I have:
Is this blog promoting relationships in real life or replacing them with something in the cyber world?
Does this blog provide fun and maybe some entertainment for the readers?
Is this blog leaving the legacy I want? Is it pointing to Christ?
I guess one reason I ask these questions is because I rarely get feedback on what I write (not looking at the few of you who have commented faithfully).
Even though it rubs on me the wrong way to ask, I am going to be bold and ask for some feedback on those questions because I'll never know if I don't step out and ask. Could you comment in the comment section, or email, text, Facebook, or phone me and give me some feedback?
Here's a song that came to mind as I was thinking this post over. It speaks to the desire of my heart.
4 comments:
Ever since you started your blog, I have enjoyed reading it. Since I live with you, it isn't that I find out what you are doing that I don't know about. Rather, I find out what you are thinking and feeling that I wouldn't always know otherwise. Some of your posts are thought provoking, others are humorous, still others just factual. I definitely think your blog points to Jesus, sometimes explicitly, sometimes implicitly. Love you sweetie. And I've loved reading your blog these past 5 years.
Judy,
I do enjoy reading your blog, even though I don't comment on every post. I think your blog is great, even if it's just a "log" of things you've done or plan to do. You have a way of observing life and sharing those insights and observations with us. Not everyone is inspired to write a blog (including me) so I get to be inspired by your writing. And, I like keeping up with your family and however many grand-nieces and nephews you might have (I have 17, btw...). If you discontinue your blog, you will need to find a new way to share those events (and quilt projects) with me!
As a frequent commenter I think you know that I appreciate your story as you tell it.
Judy, if you enjoy writing and it serves a purpose for you I think that is enough.
There are some bloggers who measure success based on number of followers/comments, but I consider the quantitative value over the qualitative statistics. (I don't even look at the stats; they're irrelevant.)
Hi There! Read this about a month ago but didn't have time to respond thoughtfully and here I am. I've had a similar lull. And have had the same questions. I have enjoyed getting to "know you" via the blog. While in Switzerland, the blog world helped me connect to home. When we returned, things were a bit topsy-turvy and it was hard for me to express feelings, emotions, etc... so I appreciate the desire to write reflective of a legacy you wish to leave vs laying every human emotion on the page which might not be valuable for the blog world. Or yourself. I will keep checking in but admittedly, our new life here in NJ has me busy again and I don't read blogs daily like I used to. Which is probably a good thing. Still trying to find my balance - you'd think I'd have some after 2.5 yrs of trying. God bless you! And hope you find your end to this endless winter. I'm thoroughly done with it myself!
Post a Comment