Friday, July 12, 2013

Giant Road Trip of 2013 -- Part Two

For Part One of our Giant Road Trip of 2013 click here.

Before we left the Raleigh area, we strategically spent the night near a mall I wanted to shop at on Monday morning. You know me, living in a small town, I take advantage of shopping whenever I can!

We needed to pick up a gift for a sweet little girl (my niece's little girl) who was turning three in a few days. We picked her up some LEGOS. She smiled when she opened it and said "thank you!" very sweetly. 

Hubby captured a great series of pictures of the new three year old trying to blow out her birthday candle. I made a little collage of the series. You can see the flame flickering and her little cousin trying to help.
I just love her face in the last picture when she realized there was victory! 

The next several days we hung out at the beach with the majority of my family in this house::




With views on the outside like this:



And views on the inside like this:



It was very difficult to get a good picture of these three great-nieces of mine when we were playing together. They were wiggly and being tickled by their great-uncle and therefore -- blurry photos! :)

There were three babies in addition to these three. After we left somehow they managed to get all Six of The Littles on a couch for a photo:
(The two babies on either side of the girl in the purple shirt are twins.) (Photo credit: my niece. She graciously let me "borrow" this photo and the next.)

While I think the photo of The Six Littles is adorable, this photo is hilarious:

 (My niece calls this one, The Paparazzi.) (It looks like a twin is getting her diaper changed on the left there.) (The quilt on the floor is one of two I made for my sister.)

We had really good food while we were at the beach house: grilled tuna steaks, roasted broccoli, a shrimp boil., went out for shrimp burgers and my brother made these amazing wings on the 4th of July:


One more post to warp up our trip.....

No comments: