I'm joining up with the Wednesday Hodgepodge this week. Click on over to Joyce's blog and read the other participant's answers to these questions or, better yet, link up yourself!
1. What's something people might ask you for help with?
I have had a few people ask me for a little help with making a quilt. Last fall my sister made her one and only quilt from a stack of our grandma's feed-sacks. We had a few texting and phone conversations during the process. She did a wonderful job!
I like to think that I would be asked for help with cooking, but the ever-knowing internet has taken over that job.
2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
I ask Hubby to help with vacuuming, washing dishes, creating a spread sheet in Excel for me (his favorite) arranging quilt squares for me, and well, just lots of stuff. We make a good team.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so,
where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations
with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
Yes, we took vacations when I was a child. Every summer we went camping some where. And when I say camping, I mean in a tent. Quite often it involved driving ( six of us in a four-door sedan) across the country somewhere. Sometimes the trip included a conference that my dad attended. Sometimes we visited friends. Sometimes we just went camping.
When our kids were growing up we tried to plan a vacation every summer. We even went tent camping a few times. While I enjoyed camping as a kid and the few times we went with our kids, Hubby and I decided that neither of us totally loved the whole camping thing. I don't think our tent has seen the light of day since 1997.
When the kids were very small, Hubby and I sat down and made a list of places we wanted to go with the kids. We managed to do several of those, but it got a bit derailed when we moved to Singapore. But then we were blessed to be able to travel to places we never thought possible.
Hubby and I just got back from what I dubbed The Giant Road Trip of 2013. We drove to the east coast. I'll blog about it later this week.
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
An air-conditioned house.
What?
That wasn't one of the choices?
Fine.
Pool. I prefer a good-ole cement pond so I don't have to think about what might be lurking under the water. This thought was reinforced four years ago when a shark decided to nibble on my niece's foot and she had to get 42 stitches on her foot and ankle. When I was at the ocean recently, I only ventured in up to my ankles. I was just fine with that.
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to
be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
I don't think I've ever tried to follow that expression. I think it would fall under the category of rationalizing.
I have been on the receiving end of someone thinking being cruel was helpful. Take it from me it was not. It ruined the friendship.
6. The Journal of Psychology
recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most
hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra,
beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do
you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
Hate: Liver
Like: Mayonnaise, Mushrooms, Eggs, Brussel Sprouts, Gelatin and Tuna if it's fresh and not canned
Have eaten, but care to not eat anymore, thank-you-very-much: Okra, Beets, Lima Beans
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
I thought about this all day yesterday and just could not think of an answer. Lame.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am wanting the advice of you people out there in blog-land.
I have been considering buying a blender. For several years I had a blender attachment for my Oster Kitchen Center but for probably the last 10 years I haven't had a blender. I have a food processor and a hand-held blender.
My questions are:
What would I use a blender for?
Is it useful for things that I can't do with my food processor or hand-held blender?
What do you blog-land people use your blenders for?
I have this feeling that I am missing out by not having a blender. I found out after Hubby gave me a food processor for my birthday two years ago how much I was missing out on. Every single time I use that thing I think how much I love it and wonder how I lived without it for so long.

5 comments:
Ha-I'm also in the market for a blender. You're not surprised are you? We've been making smoothies, and hubs uses my immersion blender in a big pitcher, which works, but I need a blender. I like it for salad dressing too. I drag out my food processor for stuff I'd probably use a blender for.
I bet y'all had some amazing vacations when you lived in Singapore!
I have a blender, but don't use it very much. The boys would use it to make milkshakes every now & then, but that's about it. We bought a really cheap blender to keep in our camper so we can make margaritas and other drinks!
I didn't realize you lived in Singapore for a time. I'll bet that was an exciting time.
I have a blender but haven't used it in years. A food processor, yes ... but a blender, no. So I'm no help.
I use my blender (just a cheap one out of the supermarket) for smoothies. I do now have a hand blender for blending soup, but I don't have a food processor. Haven't worked out what I'd need one for yet! :)
Swimming in the ocean is very scary to me.
I use a blender every single day to make a smoothie.
Post a Comment