In February I started working on a Red and White quilt (throw size) for one of our guest rooms.
This is the most detailed quilt I've made this past year. I am totally thrilled with how it turned out!
As usual, I sent it to the Missouri Star Quilt Company for the quilting. As usual, they did a great job.
I always wash a quilt when I am finished to wash out the fabric sizing and to make it all nice and wrinkly. I was super anxious about throwing this quilt in the washing machine. I was worried all that red would bleed into the white and I would end up with a red and pink quilt. I tossed it in the washing machine with about a dozen Color Catcher sheets. I am sooo thankful for that invention. The Color Catcher sheets came out very pink, but the quilt was fine!! WooHoo!!
Doesn't it look nice on the guest bed?



7 comments:
Can I book a reservation? Looks beautiful!
Judy,
WOW you have ridiculous SKILLS!
quilting... like, how?
I can see that this quilt started in February with all that swirly red and white. but not that it screams Valentine's at all -- it's just beautiful! in all seasons! I like how you styled it; the red bedspread and Swedish pillow!
Wow, that is beautiful! There is something timeless about a red/white quilt. Kudos to you on being brave and washing it- i too, love a wrinkly quilt but am too chicken!
Looks beautiful!!
I love anything w/red in it and your quilt is no exception~ looks gorgeous! amazing job on it!!
Tanya
It's beautiful!
I can't believe I missed this! I love that quilt ... love, love, love it!! I've been wanting to do a red and white quilt, and this has really given me the motivation to do one!
I love the crinkly, wrinkly look of a quilt that's been washed ... I always wash mine (of course, I hand quilt and frequently use washable markers to mark my quilting lines, so washing is as much a matter of necessity as it is of esthetics).
Post a Comment