Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yep. Hodgepodge.

Can you believe it? I'm answering the Wednesday Hodgepodge Questions! Go on over to Joyce's blog and play along. Or you can just read through all those who linked up. Or both.



1. Aloha! On August 21, 1959 Hawaii officially became a US state. Have you ever been?
Yes, I've been to Hawaii! For Christmas of 2007 we all went on a cruise around the islands with my extended family. It was definitely cool. We loved being someplace warm when there was snow storms back home.
 Upon arrival would you prefer an orchid or a hibiscus to tuck behind your ear?
We all liked our orchid leis.


2. Since we're talking tropical...what's your favorite food or beverage made with pineapple?
I love just plain old fresh pineapple. Sooo yummy! I ate fresh pineapple every single day we were in Hawaii.
(Obviously not me in this photo. I think my daughter is way more adorable
and she's enjoying a piece of pineapple in Honolulu!)

3. Do you believe in soul mates? Explain.
I guess I don't really understand what exactly is meant by "soul mates". I do know, through experience, that there are some people I feel more connected to than others. 

4. Share a memory about the house you grew up in.
This is the house I lived in from age 4 to age 11. I remember playing ping-pong in the basement. The ceiling was unfinished and sometimes if the ping-pong ball was hit extra hard it would bounce back and forth in the joists above. That was fun.
I learned to sew in that basement. I made lots of batches of Chocolate No-Bake Cookies in that kitchen.
When it snowed we would make paths in the snow in the backyard. Kinda like a maze, I think.

5. Are you comfortable with silence? 
I better be since I spend the majority of my time alone. I do watch TV during the day, but not always.

6. You spot a giant spider on your bedroom wall...what's your next move? (all spiders are giant, right?)  
I find something to smash it with. If it's extra giant and yucky and Hubby is nearby, I call for him to come be my hero. I don't mind smashing bugs, even cockroaches. When we lived in Singapore, I often stomped on cockroaches. Hubby took care of the geckos. We're a good team.

7. My idea of fun does NOT include ______________. 
Camping, sleeping on the ground, getting hot and sweaty.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Tomorrow's post is worth coming back for. I'm going to write about some dear friends and post a video of a PBS show that was made about them. Don't miss it, you'll be blessed.

5 comments:

Rebecca D said...

Kudos to you on the cockroach thing... You are a better woman than I am!

Joyce said...

I think when you live in a tropical climate you have to get over your squeamishness concerning creepy crawlies : )

I'll check back tomorrow...sounds interesting.

Veronica and Daniel said...

Being hot and sweaty is not fun for me either! I cant wait for fall :)

Unknown said...

Right there with you on sleeping on the ground... nope, did that when I was little every summer on our annual camping trips, and I did my time! :-)

Susan said...

No camping for me either. Just say no. :) Good for you on the bug elimination. Have a great day!