Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Quote

Have you ever heard any one say of either themselves, or another, "My faith is private, I don't like to talk about it." I've always considered that statement as a red flag. I cannot imagine not talking about my relationship with Jesus Christ. My relationship with my husband  is a huge part of my life and I talk about him often and love to sing his praises. (Which you may know if you read this blog very often...)
As much as I value my relationship with my husband, I would be nothing without Jesus Christ in my life.

Last Sunday we had the honor of worshiping with our son and daughter-in-law. Such an amazing church. I read this quote in the bulletin and thought I needed to copy it here:

Sin, both our own and that of others, drives us into customized selfishness. Separation from God becomes separation from neighbor. The same salvation that restores our relation with God reinstates us in the community of persons who live by faith. Every tendency to privatism and individualism distorts and falsifies the gospel. The Bible knows nothing of the soul who is, in Plotinus's words, "alone with the Alone."  --- Eugene H. Peterson

A really thought provoking quote.

No comments: