Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Better Late Than Never

I'm joining the Wednesday Hodgepodge a little later in the day than I usually do. I typically try to get linked up first thing after midnight, but I was too tired last night. So, even though I may not get as much traffic here today because of the later link-up, I thought I would go ahead and write my way through these questions. (I need something to motivate me to write on this blog.) Head on over to Joyce's blog to see all those who linked up way earlier than me and go read their posts.
 
1. In what way are you your own worst enemy? 
I don't think I give myself enough credit.

2. Jacques Cousteau's birthday was Monday, June 11th...ever been scuba diving? Is that something you'd like to try? What's your favorite 'under the sea' creature? 
When I was about 16, my dad and I took a SCUBA diving class together and got certified. I think it's one of the coolest things I've done. I haven't been diving for a very long time, but remember well the times that I did. My favorite spot was off the Florida Keys. The world that is under the water is so incredible! When we lived in Singapore we spent one Christmas vacation in Australia at the Great Barrier Reef. I didn't SCUBA, but we all went snorkeling.  Definitely one of the best and most unique ways to spend a Christmas Eve! 
There are so many amazing things under the sea it's hard to pick a favorite. I remember when we were snorkeling seeing a vibrantly colored fish, then oh! look! another one! I kept saying, "That was gorgeous, God! You have such an imagination!"

3. On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you in and around the water? (1=not at all, 10=very) Do you know how to swim and if so how and when did you learn? 
Even though I haven't really been swimming much for the last 10 years, I am very comfortable around the water. (I would be even more so, if it wouldn't involve wearing a bathing suit...ah-em.) I took swimming lessons when I was a kid and spent a good part of the summer at the pool.
Having said that, I would much rather prefer to spend a week in the mountains, than at the beach.

4. What's something you do to motivate yourself to tick an item off your to-do list?
If there is something that I am having a hard time getting myself to do, telling Hubby often helps. He either encourages me to do it, or he helps me get it done. He's good like that.
We are heading into a couple of weeks away (vacation and business), and I wanted to have some quilting projects ready to take along to do some hand work on. I got them all done with time to spare!! I am so proud of myself! I guess I needed the time deadline to motivate myself.

5. What makes a good neighbor? Are you a good neighbor? 
A good neighbor is someone who is friendly, is respectful of your property, takes care of their own property (which includes those dogs -- the neighbors in our previous town took no responsibility for their dogs -- that made living next to them almost unbearable).  Our neighbors here are pretty nice. I think we are pretty good neighbors.

6. Who loads the dishwasher at your house? Is there a right way and a wrong way? 
We both load the dishwasher. I don't really care much about how it's loaded. When I was in college, I spent a month one summer at my sister's taking care of my niece. My brother-in-law was very, very picky about how the dishwasher was loaded. Made me crazy, so I think I decided then to not make a big deal of it. (I hope Hubby agrees with this statement.....)

7. You know it's summer when_________________________. 
___I start getting regular pedicures. I love to have my toenails painted and love to have someone massage my feet. Ahhh...



8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Just take a look at this sunset that we watched last night:
 I have taken so many pictures of sunsets from this house. I just love how beautiful they are every night, and how different they are every night. Last night the sunset got more and more beautiful. Love that imagination that God has!
 

4 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Wow - what a gorgeous sunset pic!

Now you've made me want a pedicure! LOL

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My husband wants to help but he wants to toss everything....we would just argue! Living in CA I have my toes done every six weeks or so. I am glad you are able to have yours done since it's summer.
Enjoy!!! Beautiful sunset.

Joyce said...

You can never have too many sunset pictures. Sunrise either but I don't think you're a fan of early : )

Sandy Cutshall said...

I had to re-read your post from last July... we are in Galena right now, and having a great time. No storms, although rain is in the forecast. Hoping to see the hot air balloons this weekend from our porch on the rental home!! And, there is a dishwasher! My favorite part!!