Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hi There

Well. That was a long blog break, huh?

I guess I just hit a dry spell there for a while. I find it hard to write on this blog when not much is going on in my life. I have also noticed that when each new season begins and we still live in the same place, is really hard on me. I am so ready to live some where else.

 Enough whining though.

Today's blog-post is brought to you by insomnia. I woke up a bit before 5am. I tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail. So about 6:15 I drug myself out of bed, played a little Solitaire on my phone and read my Bible. Then I got rolling on my to-do list. We are having company this weekend, so the list was lengthy. Believe it or not, I finished everything on my list by 1pm. Crazy.  So, because of the insomnia, I have some time to write today. Not that I have been so busy that I haven't had time.  But, well, the point is, I'm writing.

Since the beginning of March, I have been sewing...making quilts. I have finished four receiving blankets and three quilt tops. (!) One quilt top is quilted and waiting for me to finish the binding. When I get that done I will make sure to post a picture. I like how it turned out. :)

A couple of weeks ago, I ran out of thread. Quite tragic when I have to drive 25-50 miles to find some place that sells good quality thread. So one Saturday I talked Hubby into driving 50 miles so we could go out for lunch and I could go to a quilt shop and buy some thread. So exciting, I know. That hubby of mine is a trooper. I just love him.

While we were in that little town, we went looking through a couple of antique stores. We have become very interested in browsing through antique stores. Sometimes we find neat things. Mostly we just look and love finding something that reminds us of a toy we had as a child, or something our grandmothers had in their homes. This is one of the antique stores we stumbled upon:

We have driven by this multiple times as we drove through this town, but have never stopped. I was more interested in looking at the building. I believe it used to be an old gas station. It was quite cool.

Speaking of sewing... (I was...check back a paragraph or two) I made an upgrade in my sewing room. For years I have had this $10 lovely for a chair:

Yeah. I know. Not the most comfortable looking thing. Nor the most comfortable thing to sit in.

A couple of months ago, while visiting my in-laws, my sister-in-law and I went to a quilt shop (a quilt shop I dream about, it was so awesome) and I found a new chair!

This one adjusts all over the place and I absolutely LOVE the red color.

Well, that about wraps up this post. (Now you might understand why I haven't written much.)

4 comments:

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

Hey Judy! It HAS been awhile! I hear you on wanting to be somewhere else. That's how I feel about the whole Husband+long commute=move onto HOBBY FARM thing. Its hard to bloom where you are planted, isn't it? Unfortunately, we are kinda stuck here since we bought in 2006.

What fabric store are you talking about? My parents travel quite a bit (they are going to Branson again this summer) - I'm sure they'd like to hit it.

I thought that gas station was an old church at first. Hard to believe they'd stick that kind of money into a gas station - but maybe they had a general store attached or somehting. Interesting!

Take care- and I love the red chair! Looks great! I want to slipcover my old, dirty, pilly - but still functional office chair in my scrap room - it is quite uncomfortable when I'm wearing shorts!

Drew and Rachel said...

hey Judy, is that antique store in New Ulm?

rach

Judy said...

Rachel: Yep, the antique store is in New Ulm. Such a cool building!

Drew and Rachel said...

yes! I know my southern minnesota. a little bit.