Day 5 of the cruise was spent in Glacier Bay National Park. Three park rangers got on the cruise ship and were narrating over the PA things we should look for. It was very interesting.
I took a thousand (give or take a hundred) pictures of the glaciers we saw. But I won't post them all here. You're welcome. :)
This glacier was 25 stories tall. Think of being on the 25th floor of a building. That's a lot of glacier!
A couple close up shots:
In another park of the bay was this glacier. I took it through the window so I could remember the awesome view from our room. This one shows the glacier coming down through the mountains to the ocean. To get some perspective, the rangers told us it was 5 miles away!
A telephoto shot:
And a farther out shot:
A close up of yet another glacier. I just love the blue in this one. So pretty!
Just a couple, well maybe more than two, more posts about our Alaska trip. I still have random photos from the ship and a few other places. a gorgeous garden in British Columbia, the food (!) and then the four days we spent in Seattle. Oh well. At least it makes for some good memories for us and a great way to document this on my blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment