Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Last Couple of Weeks

We are down to the last couple of weeks before the big wedding. This is the last couple of weeks my girl will live with us and still be just my girl. Soon she will be a Mrs. Awesome.

We've been kinda busy with some last minute details. But things will really kick into high speed that last week. Whew. I hope I make it through in one piece. I know I will, but it will get intense. Fortunately, I have my best friend to stand by my side to hold my hand and I have a God who is certainly big enough to give me the strength. How blessed am I?

Megan is at a fitting for her wedding dress. She went with a good friend from high school. Here's a picture of Megan trying on her dress for the first time since it was ordered last January:
Doesn't she look happy? (You thought I was going to show the whole dress, didn't you? Oh, I wouldn't do that...)

I've also been keeping myself busy with:
Isn't she sweet? Oh to just crash on the floor and sleep so sweetly. I've been watching her a couple of days a week for a friend. I've discovered there's a reason I had babies in my twenties. They really do take a lot of energy.


Time to work on some supper for some company. You never know how long a baby will sleep.

2 comments:

Drew and Rachel said...

such a tease!!!

that baby girl is so nice and chubby already. Naomi must be doing a good job (and you).

weird thing, I am an acquaintance of the girl who I hear is taking Zach & Meg's pictures. I hope the pics turn out really really good -- since we can't come, we'll depend on some good pics.

Drew and Rachel said...

p.s. is that the ceiling of Aubony Bridal behind Megan's head? I used to work at Steppingstone Gallery so it seems familiar to me.

Also, love your most recent random dozen post. My favorite random dozen of yours yet.