Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random Dozen


1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
I don't think I am grumpy and fussy when I am sick, but I'm not sure how pleasant I am either. I am, you know, um, sick.


2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
Well, anymore I don't really care since I don't have any kids at home. When the kids were home I would dread how long they had to go at the end of the year to make it up. That was after I was thrilled to be able to sleep in and hang out with my kids for a day.



3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
IRONING! Go to this post to read my oh-so-efficient 24-step method for ironing. I also wish I could muster up the motivation to dust and vacuum on a regular business.

4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
Nope. Sometimes I make heart-shaped food. I am making heart-shaped sugar cookies for our Small Group tonight.

5. What song is on your mind today?
Not really any today. A few weeks ago I heard a song in a store and I wondered who sang it so I Googled some of the words when I got home. Not a good idea. I could NOT get the song out of my head. I don't think I even want to say what song it was. The singer is a pop singer whose name begins with a B and she dances, um.... interestingly. 'Nough said.

6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
The hubby and I have been enjoying the old or "classic" movies. Some have been really good (the original "Father of the Bride" with Elizabeth Taylor), some have been terrible ("A Breath of Scandal" with Sophia Loren).

7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room. 
Compartmentalize? I do not know this word or the meaning of it. My brain (and emotions) are like a pile of spaghetti. Everything touches everything else.

8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse?
His strong sense of loyalty. Or maybe it was his compassion. Or maybe it was his amazing brown eyes. And now I am truly blessed that I get that all to myself.

9. When was the last time your heart raced?
Well, my heart just does that every now and then all on its own. As far as racing because I was excited about something? I don't remember.

10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
I remember after school, sitting on my bed going through all my valentines. I don't remember if I was ever upset about not getting a valentine from that "someone." (I'm talking about elementary school. I'm sure there was disappointment as I hit those wonderful **cough** teenage years.)

11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
Dark Chocolate please.

12. Red or pink?
Red. I have always liked red.

18 comments:

lagirl/Sweeet Tea said...

Loved how you described your husband. Way to Go!

McMrs said...

all these posts are remining me off all the housekeeping things I am not so good at! LOL

Mrs. E said...

We have similar taste in men! I like the loyalty, too!

Mrs. E said...

PS. In terms of housekeeping, do you think we're twins?? : )

SusanD said...

Oh, I'm so like you on ironing. Thanks for sharing. It's so fun learning about you. Blessings, SusanD

Joyce said...

Ha-you and I think alike on #3. Except my method is 1-step and involves nicely asking my husband to iron for me : ) He likes to iron. Yay!

SouthLakesMom said...

I love the spaghetti imagery! Very descriptive!

Thena said...

I very rarely iron anymore. Throw the item in the dryer with a wet towel and I'm all set to go. HATE to iron.

Susanne said...

Loyalty is definitely an attractive quality!

Ironing. I forgot about the ironing. I think I forget about it on purpose. :v)

Angie said...

Ironing is a BIG one for me too. I'm slow and perfectionistic, but I'm not willing to change either so I guess I get what I get. :)

I'm so sorry you had a "B" song stuck in your head; how dreadful.

With ya on # 7 - loved the spaghetti!

I think Linda should tally up how many of us say "eyes." I think it's a BIG one for a lot of people.

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

That song thing happened to me a week or so ago - I had "Back in the Atmosphere(Drops of Jupiter)" stuck in my head from hearing it at a store - I came home and found it and it's lyrics on YouTube... And then it was stuck in my head along with a very similar song from that band in my head for 3 or 4 days! at least it wasn't really a BAD song... but still got annoying in my head!

--I like how you mentioned Peter's loyalty. I feel that way about Dan too - and its funny - because I really love Dan's brown eyes too - but he likes my blue eyes and wishes our girls had my blue eyes... hehe

Nel said...

Love your answer to #7, spaghetti huh? hehehe. Good imagery. It is fun getting to know people thru Random.

until next time... nel

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I like to bake Val. Day and not necessarily decorate, either.

I also enjoy classic movies and would probably take one over a contemporary any day.

Love your blog layout. I use Cutest Blog on the Block often.

Thanks for playing this week!

Skoots1moM said...

love me some dark choco, too...
great answers!

Mocha with Linda said...

Dark chocolate all the way, girl1!

Chel said...

JUDY!! wow, now I am going to check your links out but how funny is it to say efficient and 24 steps in the same sentence for the same topic! lol Love it!
Chel

Chel said...

:( the link for the ironing wasn't right. :( I need it, lol
chel

Judy said...

The link is fixed now. Sorry I had it wrong. Oops!