Tuesday, February 16, 2010

An Olympic Dozen...

1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
I have always thought figure skating was so graceful and beautiful looking. I always wished I could be graceful like that. I can't skate, though, so no chance of becoming proficient at it. I haven't been on ice skates for probably 14 years. The last time I did I fell and smacked my head on the ice and it hurt.

2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
Mark Spitz and all those swimming medals. I was in junior high school.

3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
Nope. Although, I went to the same high school and college as Dan Gable. He won a gold medal in wrestling in 1972. Just to clarify -- I wasn't in high school in 1972. I'm not quite that old...) His picture hung in the gym at my high school. He came to a football game in our home town some time after the Olympics and I got his autograph. Does that count as knowing someone who competed in the Olympics? (My husband just reminded me that my brother-in-law used to speed skate with Eric Heiden. Heiden won 5 gold medals in the 1980 Olympics.)

4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
My husband says blogging. He's way too biased though, I think. I think baking. I get rave reviews from our Small Group members every week. I really do like to bake.

5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
I am half Swedish, a quarter German and the rest is a mix of Scottish, English and something else UK-ish. Both of my maternal great-grandmothers came from Sweden when they were young. One was about eight years old, the other was 18 years old.

6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
Oh. My. Yes.
I saw this on some PJs recently. This is me:


7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
Nope. and Nope.

8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
It's a toss up between Hungary and Italy. Italy because I think it's beautiful and who doesn't like the food? Hungary because we have some very good friends who are missionaries there. I'd like to see the country, or at least the city of Budapest and see the ministry they have there.

9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
Nope. (I have a lot of answers like that today don't I?)

10. What is the last book you read?
Watch Over Me by Christa Parrish. My daughter gave it to me for Christmas. I really liked it.

11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??
(The creator of Random Questions unknowingly repeated this question and when she realized it, suggested we dream up our own, but I got nothing. Not feeling the random creativeness this week...)

12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
Currently, I love the Lemon Chicken at Big Bowl. See? I like it so much I forgot to take a picture before I had eaten most of it:


Have fun watching the Olympics! (I am!)

12 comments:

BARBIE said...

Hello! I so wish I could bake. I am the mom who does not look forward to baking cookies with her children at Christmas. I would much rather cook dinner than dessert.

SouthLakesMom said...

I love baking too -- and how nice to have a small group to share it with! That's what I do with our small groups too. Otherwise it sits in my house and calls my name...

Joyce said...

You just reminded me I did meet Kerri Strug once...she came to my husbands company picnic (Ace Bandage is one of their creations) and signed autographs. My girls were so excited and she was sweet.

CeeCee said...

Actually my son is the baker. One day, I hope he opens a bakery of sort. LOVE those pajamas. LOL. They even match the colors of your blog.

Angie said...

Ah, Mark Spitz. I forgot about him. I was young too. I enjoyed watching Greg Louganis win in diving!

Baking seems to have gotten the medal in other's blogs questions too!

Loved your pic of # 12. Funny.

Thena said...

I agree with #4. I love to bake from scratch.

Mocha with Linda said...

Ah yes, Mark Spitz. I vaguely remember him. I was 11.

Susanne said...

Budapest is absolutely beautiful.

Blogging for a medal. We should all compete! LOL.

Barbara H. said...

I remember Mark Spitz, now, too!

And I agree about figure skating -- it's so graceful, and I'm not.

I've seen that book mentioned here and there and need to check it out.

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

LOVE the PJ's AND the lemon chicken! How's that for a combo? :)

Skoots1moM said...

so fun...love #12...
i've started baking more trying to get better at it...one day maybe i'll be better
my friends had spitz posters in their rooms :)

lagirl/Sweet Tea said...

I also love to bake! But, unfortunately I like to eat what I bake, so I'm trying to stay away from the oven; I'll shop instead. LOL