Monday, February 22, 2010

Mondays... and in Other News

What a way to start a Monday.

At eight this morning (!) I had a dentist appointment. I know! What was I thinking... scheduling a dentist appointment first thing on a Monday morning? I don't know. It was a quick visit, but uncomfortable. I had to have some teeth reshaped. Yes, basically shaved/sanded. Weird. Evidently I should have had braces when I was 12 so my teeth are lined up better. Oh well. One more wonderful (that word should be in the sarcastic font) thing about getting older.

BUT..... 

the GREAT thing about this Monday is it is my beautiful daughter's birthday! I can hardly believe my girl is 20. Was it really 20 years ago we headed to the hospital so early in the morning and could hardly wait to find out if we had another boy or a sweet girl? Oh my. What a blessing she has been to us. And in 103 days she will be dressed in a gorgeous gown and her daddy will be walking her down the aisle to give her away to an amazing man. We couldn't be more proud of her and the woman she has grown into. I admit I am having a hard time holding back the tears as this is the first birthday I haven't been with her. I am glad that her brother and sister-in-law will be taking her out for dinner tonight.



In other news....

A few Mondays ago my husband found out he was promoted. A good thing for him, a hard thing for me since that means we will be moving. Ugh. As you can see in my profile info, we live in a small town. Now we are moving to a smaller town. I am not looking forward to that. I mean, the town doesn't even have a Target for heaven's sake! How will I survive?

The move won't happen until after the wedding. I have so many feelings and thoughts about it all. I'm not sure how much I will share here. But maybe more than I am thinking right now. I am sure I will need to vent some things out.

So, can anyone say stress?  SIGH




3 comments:

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

I am so bummed you guys are moving... :.(

Sandy Cutshall said...

Waiting to hear the details, if you can share them. Will we be closer?

Olson Family said...

Oh my! Moving again...my head is already trying to get prepared and I'm over a year away from our move. Looking forward to hearing where/when. No Target? That would be tough. Although, without the temptation it could be a $$saver? It has been for me :). Sounds like you are all still getting hit with Arctic blasts - stay warm.