
1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
Uh-huh. Believe it or not. When I went to camp as a kid one of the activities was learning to shoot a bow and arrow. I got really good at loosing the arrows in the woods. I've held a rifle a few times. (Or was it a shot gun? I have no idea.) And I've shot those guns, but I once again didn't hit a thing.
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
Most of them, no. I recently reconnected with my best friend from junior high days. She moved away right before high school amidst some pretty messy stuff in her family. I learned that she moved back to our hometown in her 20s and became a Christian. Pretty cool.
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
If I am with my husband, always on time if not a bit early. If it's just me I tend to be either on time or 5 or 10 minutes late. This could be trouble for me since my hubby is starting a new job next week and we'll be apart during the week until the summer.
4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
Not sure if I know the difference. But evidently I'm an Upper Midwest type since I don't seem to be able to move out here. Yes, the hubby's new job is still in the Great White North. Yuck.
5. Do you have a special ring tone?
I had several different ones on my old phone. My favorite was Shackles by Mary Mary. I haven't set up any special ring tones on my new phone yet. Need to get on that. When I call my son, his phone plays "Hey Jude". Makes me giggle.
6. What is your favorite type of chip?
Most of the time, tortilla mostly because you can pair those with salsa and guacamole, of course, and how can you go wrong with salsa and guacamole? But then I ate at a restaurant last week in South Carolina that served fresh potato chips. They were sooo amazing I wanted to get some to go. But I didn't. I showed restraint. Shocking.
7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....
I don't know if it's the best I've ever seen, but we saw a play last fall when we were in Door County that was really funny. It was Around the World in 80 Days. There were only 5 actors, four of whom played multiple characters. We really enjoyed it. As far as comedy movies there are the classics like While You Were Sleeping and Multiplicity.
8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"
I have trimmed my bangs a few times and it worked okay. But I haven't done that in several years. I have a great hair dresser who I will miss when we move. Once when I was little I cut my eye lashes because I was afraid they would grow too long. Ha ha ha!
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
I have no idea what our next house will be like since we are about to move (did I mention that yet?). So a personal makeover would be good. Let's see, should I choose a physical makeover or a personality makeover? Hmmmm....
10. Are you allergic to anything?
I'm not allergic to any foods. I've only had one minor reaction to a drug. I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to ironing too.
11. Why is it so hard to change?
It's hard to change because you don't know what to expect. When things stay the same the outcome is easier to predict.
12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.
I remember one example of this from my college days very well. A relationship I had thought was "the one" had just ended and I did not like the thought of someday starting another relationship and having to be vulnerable and let someone else in. Little did I know that "the REAL one" God had in mind for me was already a good friend to me. God blessed me greatly in that situation.
On the other hand, I have found this to be very difficult in friendships. I have worked at being authentic, vulnerable if you will, with many friendships over the years. Many of those haven't turned out as well. I won't go into much more detail. But I will say that with the upcoming move this makes me nervous. How vulnerable should I be with new people I meet? Not an easy question to answer.

11 comments:
# 2 - very cool.
I can sometimes have the same problem as you do with being on time with hubby, late by myself.
Loved # 12! I hope everything settles into place re: the move and I pray you'll make wonderful new friends.
#2 – That is pretty cool that one of your Jr. High friends is now a Christian!
#6 – I love Salsa & Guacamole too. Ever tried them on handmade corn tortillas?
#8 – So did you like have no eyelashes for a while? Was your mom mad?
#10 – Ironing….I am one of those “iron when you need it gals”. A friend of mine has a mom who when she visits, does all of her ironing for her. Wish I had one of those!
Great answers!
#12 - prayer, lots of prayer. And, wherever you're moving, see if there's a Community Bible Study class you can join. (www.communitybiblestudy.org) will help you look. That is a place where vulnerability and transparency is a GOOD thing!
I read of a blogger reading it seems at least once a week. My husband says the next time he moves 6 men will be carrying him out of a church. So hopefully that's not anytime soon. Sounds like your not very excited about moving. Will pray all goes well and ya'll will have a smooth move.
Are you moving to SC? My kids are there...fabulous weather : ) We were just dumped on with more snow last night (NJ) and more on the way tomorrow and Friday.
I agree...you can never go wrong with guacamole!
Love your answers...and so glad I got to stop by today! I love chips and salsa too. In fact, I probably eat more of that than any other kind of chip...even though that's not the fav that I put in my answers.
Hoping your move is a positive one for all of you.
Have a great day!
Susan
Enjoyed your answers. But #8 made me cringe! I'm glad you didn't poke the scissors in your eye!
Any chips that carry guacamole is definitely a favorite! :v)
I loved in #2 how you were able to find out one of your friends from Junior High is now a Christian.
Hope there are many good deep friendships in your future move.
Praying you up "while apart" (until the summer.)
Great White North. Yuck. I agree
If you get a chance, go see Menopause, the Musical...so funny!
eye lashes? what a hoot
Personality makeover? didn't think of that...
I'm with you on being "ironic"...my new word for ironing phobia
On the other hand, I have found this to be very difficult in friendships. I have worked at being authentic, vulnerable if you will, with many friendships over the years. Many of those haven't turned out as well. I won't go into much more detail. But I will say that with the upcoming move this makes me nervous. How vulnerable should I be with new people I meet? Not an easy question to answer.
Woot-woot. Lol. Proud to be a South Carolina girl lol. Homemade chips are awesome...I hope moving goes well!!
Enjoyed your answers. It is such a great feeling to hear of anyone becoming a Christian but especially someone you care about. Good luck with the being apart. And I hope the move goes good for you.
until next time... nel
Post a Comment