Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another Wednesday, Another Dozen. Randomly.


The weekly Random Dozen over at 2nd Cup of Coffee has a guest writer for the first 6 questions. Kelley at I Didn’t Know That! Everyone's invited to join in the fun...just post your answers on your own blog and go here   to link up with lots of awesome bloggers.

1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”
Why yes, yes I do. I think it's great to have some free labels. But I don't really understand why they do that.

2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?
I love to sit outside on a warm evening and watch for shooting stars. Especially during meteor season.

3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)
I can't think of an adventurous moment with food. I'm not a picky eater, but I'm not stupid either. I don't think things that have a funny name (escargot, calamari, etc.) should be eaten. I've always thought that if you have to make the name sound "fancy", you shouldn't be eating it.

4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)
Ummm... (?) no....(?) (Pretty sure this really qualifies as a Random Question.)

5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?
Since I only speak English, the list of languages I don't speak is pretty long. I think I'd like to learn French. It sounds so beautiful.

6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
"She Done All She Could"
My in-laws saw this on a tombstone somewhere in a cemetery in New England and I have loved it ever since. Perfect.

7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.
Not feeling creative. Let's go with Judy. Sooo exciting, I know.


8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?
There are only a couple of shows over the years that I have been really "into." Inordinately? I don't think so. For a couple of years in college I admit that I scheduled classes around General Hospital. (It was the years of Luke and Laura.)  The kids and I once got into watching Survivor. I credit that to the fact that we lived overseas and that season was in Australia and we had just been there.  I don't think I've watched a single whole episode of that show since.

9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?
Most of the time I sneeze big. I hate it when I have to sneeze in church and stifle it. It doesn't feel good. My mother-in-law is a sweet, tiny, proper lady and she had the loudest sneezes I have ever heard. I have to stifle a giggle when I hear her do that.

10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?
We subscribe to our local newspaper. It only comes out twice a week. (Yes, it's a small town.) I read that. We used to subscribe to a paper from the nearby big city. I hardly ever read that. I watch the news on TV several times a week.

11. Are you a good speller?
I think I can spell pretty well. But I am thankful for Spell-Check. What a terrific invention! There are a few words I just don't remember how to spell.

12. At what time each day do you start thinking about Lost lunch?
Usually not until noon. A lot of times I don't eat until one or after.(and I haven't watched a single episode of Lost.)

17 comments:

Chel said...

I'm so with you on the food. ewww. fancy doesn't usually spell delicious. Ooooo Luke and Laura! Yes!!! But I have drifted from the daily dramas. You know I usually feel a little guilty using those labels without sending in a donation. I do use them but oo that guilt. yuk.
Chel

Barbie said...

I love your Epitaph saying, "She Done all She Could". Yep, that would about sum it up for me!

Mom24 said...

Ahh, the Luke and Laura days. It was such an event in college, wasn't it?

SouthLakesMom said...

Reactions to Luke and Laura will definitely be age specific -- I remember it well!

Joyce said...

I guess I'm showing my age too. I remember Luke and Laura.

I love your epitaph...that's a good one.

And I found the questions particularly random this week too!

Jill said...

Your epitaph is funny. And I agree with the food. I've never been adventurous by choice.

Deb said...

I remember the days of Luke and Laura....about the only time I really watched General Hospital. And like you, I've never watched LOST so I don't know what all the hype is about!!
Blessings!
Deb

Melli said...

LOL! If it has a funny name - DON'T EAT IT!!! Too funny!

I remember Luke and Laura. At the time, I sorta thought I might be addicted to my soaps... but when I went to work and didn't miss them a bit, but met a gal in accounting who had a little 7" tv on her DESK... I knew I was NOT addicted! But she was! I was really surprised, too, that the company let her have it!

Mocha with Linda said...

Luke & Laura were all the rage when I was in college. I watched a couple of episodes, but I just couldn't get into it.

#3 - I totally agree. That made me think of Rocky Mountain Oysters!

Stephani Cochran said...

I love your blog background! I also liked your answers. I love your epitath. If you've done all you could do, what else is there! This is my first time participating in this meme. It's a lot of fun! Have a nice week!

Thena said...

Forgot about General Hospital, oh yes Luke and Laura, and Young and The Restless Victor, and Nikki. I don't watch any of them anymore but Y&R, comes on here after the news and funny that Victor and Nikki is back together again.

Angie said...

Ah, Luke & Laura! I have never watched a soap since those days and had to feign illness to stay home from school (in 8th grade, ladies!) to watch the wedding. It was such a good time. :)

Now I DVR Fringe and I'm happy!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Great answers. I Love your logic on weird food names, I am going to have to use that next time someone talks me into eating something with a fancy name :) Your Epitaph was great too.

Skoots1moM said...

luke & laura!!
love it...
great epitaph

Cathy said...

Love the epitaph. Loved Luke and Laura too. I remember going to a friends house to watch THE wedding.

Nel said...

I love your epitaph choice! And I too do not understand what the hype of LOST is. I have never watched an episode either. I do not watch alot of TV.

until next time... nel

Robin said...

Calamari is delicious.

I enjoyed your answers.