Translation: Empty Nest Full of Fantastic Memories
They are good friends, so I am thrilled for them to have this time together.
See how they enjoy each other?I guess they are smiling:
Most of the time:
I wonder how many more of these types of pictures we'll see.
Should prove to be an interesting year!
3 comments:
Judy,
Thank you for the prayers. And please keep that Hungary trip in your prayers as well. I haven't been able to find care for our girls so I can go yet and I'm feeling bummed - no doubt part of my funky mood and I know that God will take care of it somehow if I'm supposed to go.
I'm going either way: 1. road - tripping with the girls to Hungary to see everyone for a few days or 2. going for the full week as part of the team. And I get to see JD as she'll fly into Zurich first! But item 2 is what I'm praying for.
I do hope you enjoy some of your empty nest time with your husband - but your kids look like a lot of fun!
hey Judy, it's Rach.
In this post you mentioned the empty nest.
I've been thinking a lot about how mothers have to start letting children go from the beginning (Titus has been an ever-present part of my body for almost a year...then as soon as I finally see him, the separation begins...).
God keeps bringing it up through various experiences. At a baby shower, my mom shared about how a child is really God's child, sort of entrusted to you but ultimately his. When I first went to Brazil my parents were worried about safety and I said "I'm not your child; I'm God's child" (I don't remember that). While my mom was sharing, my aunt Mary was present. I was thinking about how God gave her Eric for eighteen years, but God gave and God took away ("may the name of the Lord be praised" - that's what Job said!). Louise was telling me about her struggle with leaving Drew in Hutch in 2003. God strengthened her with the story of Jesus (from Luke, I think). His parents were like "Where were you? What were you doing?" and you know he says "I have to be about my Father's business". My friend Amber followed God's call to Kenya this fall. We've been praying a lot for her mom, who is very worried about her daughter.
So Titus hasn't even been born yet, and God is already preparing me:
- Titus is my son, but he is a gift entrusted to Drew and I by God. We had a part in his existence, but God gave him spirit and life-- he is ultimately God's just as we all are.
- Titus will leave us!
- Titus will follow God (leaving us) and do things that scare us, worry us, hurt us, confuse us...but he is God's child and he has to be about his Father's business.
just some thoughts!
love you, Judy!
Hi Judy!
Finally wandered over from Susan's blog! You're kids are, well, adults! Could it be that mine will ever get that way?!?!
Thanks for your prayers for our trip to Hungary! I'm so thrilled we get to go! I really pray all will just fall into place...God is huge like that!
Can't believe you have an empty nest! Hope you're finding new adventures around as many corners as you need to (I'd say every corner, but that seems like a few too many adventures for me!!!).
: )
Lovingly,
Julie David
Post a Comment