Wednesday, August 6, 2008

100-fold Harvest

I have had a couple of great weekends that I need to write about. I'll start with last weekend first. The other weekend will have to wait for another post.

Beth Moore had a huge simulcast of her Living Proof Live conference from Louisville, Kentucky. I was able to attend in a small town just 25 minutes from here. While I do love the atmosphere of a large group of women worshiping God, it was kind of nice to not drive very far and to sleep in my own bed. I have been known to travel quite a ways to Beth's conferences: Des Moines, Kansas City and even Providence, Rhode Island. (Well we flew to that one...)

This conference was broadcast simultaneously to something 715 locations across the country and to four other countries. There were about 70,000 people viewing it. That's quite mind boggling if you ask me. The worship was amazing.

Beth talked about Luke 8:1-15, the Parable of the Sower. The focus was on verse 8: Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown."
When he said this, he called out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

I just love how even a familiar Bible story has so much more packed into than I can ever know! God's Word is so alive!

Beth had seven points:

1. Treasure the wonder - recapture the wonder of the word - it has power to transform.

2. Protect your heart - the enemy can steal the Word we receive - keep the Word hidden in your heart - down deep so that it gets into the blood and the very marrow of our bones.

3. Expect the test - we will be tested when we receive the Word. Tests are either trials sent by God to teach us to stand or temptations sent by the enemy so that we will fall. We have to be strong in both and cling to the Word. The Word is meant to be applied.

4. Dig the roots - if we want to bear fruit we have to have deep roots - our roots are only as deep as our conviction that we are LOVED by God. Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

5. Stop the choke - Anxiety chokes the Word. We have to stop what chokes the word in us - namely, anxiety. We have to turn our worries over to God in prayer- confessing that we trust God's authority in every situation.

6. Retain the Word - to hold in a vice grip; to possess, to own.

7. Press forth to our promised 100-fold - The harvest takes time in coming - don't give up! We need to persevere to the end.


A couple more thoughts:
  • I'm glad it's not about me. It's to give strength and be an encourager to others.
  • God's Word restores and heals and puts lives back together again.
  • Spiritually speaking, I want to be a woman of means and of substance.
I realize this is kind of long. Sometimes I write these posts as a way to remember. So readers, please bear with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mentioned several good weekends but only mentioned one. Was there more?

Judy said...

Yes, I have more to write about, but am trying to spread out the stories.