Sunday, December 16, 2007

FRIENDS

Proverbs 17:17 says, "A friend loves at all times..."

I've been thinking about what my friends mean to me and what they bring to my life. Here are some of my thoughts. I'm sure that it is probably not conclusive.


Pete:
My bestest friend EVER.
I can talk to him about ANYTHING.
I love that we so so many years of memories together and, Lord willing, will have many more.
For more detail on this guy see this.
Dave & Barb: A couple who REALLY get my sense of humor! So refreshing to me.
Wonderful to talk about my faith with.
Offer great advice on how to live out that faith.
Have been through hard stuff and can empathize with anyone.
Cheryl: Tells me I'm a good mother especially when I don't feel like it.
Accepts me in her home no matter what she's in the middle of doing.
Great buddy for a LONG car trip.
Never run out of things to talk about.
Loves my kids.
I love her kids and her grandkids.
Dan: Helps answer hard questions.
Asks hard questions.
Points me to the Bible.
Loves my kids.
Zach: Fun to hassle and be hassled by.
Doesn't hesitate to answer any crazy question I come up with.
Is serious about his Christian walk.
Fun to include in our family activities.
Has a great laugh and crazy sense of humor.
Karen: Someone I can share prayer requests with and KNOW they will be prayed for.
Patti: Long time friend.
Always a friend no matter where we live.
Fun to talk with on the phone.
Jackie: Helped me survive the ex-pat life.
Drove me all over Singapore and could park that Toyota van anywhere!
Introduced me to quilting.
Understands what it's like to be an expatriate and the struggle to repatriate.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friends are friends forever, when the Lord's the Lord of them...
A lifetime's not too long to live as friends!