Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The December Hodgepodge

Here goes my one and only December Wednesday Hodgepodge! Head on over to Joyce's at From This Side of the Pond to read other blogger's answers.

1. Do you believe in miracles?
Yep. I think I don't even realize the number of miracles that occur around me and in my life. I need to pray for God to open my eyes to those things, so I can praise Him for those miracles.

2. What's a recent fad you admit to trying?
Is putting a bright color in your hair a fad? Probably. I sneaked a little bright pink in my hair at my last appointment. It's not terribly obvious but I love it! (Might need to make it a little more obvious next time. ha.) 

3. Peppermint-are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite food or beverage containing peppermint?
Yes, yes, yes! I love peppermint any time of the year. I splurged today and bought some peppermint ice cream. I am usually strictly a chocolate girl when it come to ice cream. My exception to that is peppermint ice cream. (Although if I can drizzle some chocolate syrup on, even better!) Last weekend I bought some Peppermint Joe-Joe's (kinda like Oreos) from Trader Joe's.  I've had a couple and now am trying to forget how amazing they are. Writing about it isn't helping much... 

4. Break the ice, on thin ice, as cold as ice (emotionally, not literally)...which phrase have you run into most recently? Explain.
Sorry, but all I can think about when I read those expressions is how cold is has been here in the north-land. Can winter be over now please? A Facebook friend wrote last week how he was tired of winter and it wasn't Christmas or even technically winter yet. Hubby commented and said, "I'm sick of next winter and we haven't made it through this one." (I know that doesn't really answer the question...Oh Well.)

 5. Have you ever broken or spilled something in someone else's home? Still friends?
Many, many years ago when we lived in Missouri, our family visited the new home of a new engineer that worked with my hubby. They gave all of us some cans of pop as we looked around their house. One of the kids (I think it was a kid...yes, let's blame this on a kid...) dropped their can of pop all over the kitchen floor. I don't think it damaged anything, but it was embarrassing to leave a mess in someone's house we barely knew. Interestingly, years later, this same engineer, who is now in upper management in the company, was Hubby's boss for a few years! He never held it against us. 

6.  'Tis the week before Christmas...are you feeling more like Buddy the Elf or the Grinch before his heart grew?
Well, I never thought I would be one of those people, but I am feeling like the Grinch. (The reasons why are not going out into the world wide web.) Hopefully that will change over the next week. 

7. Share a favorite quote relating to Christmas.

"...with the dawn of Redeeming Grace."  

Last week Hubby and I went to a Mannheim Steamroller concert and I was caught up in worshipping while they were performing Silent Night and that one line stood out to me.




I am so grateful for that redeeming grace. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  
Hubby took this picture at an art/craft show we went to over Thanksgiving. I would call this creatively weird and random.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I have to say the snow is actually helping my Christmas spirit. I've been snowed in a couple days this season, and it has reminded me I need to slow down. You're the third person to mention Jo-Jos...no Trader Vics in tinytown which is probably just as well.

I know you're in a difficult season. May the peace of Christ that transcends all human understanding fill your heart this Christmas. Hugs!