Monday, June 27, 2011

Egg-In-A-Hole (Pioneer Woman)

**My daughter, daughter-in-law and I are cooking our way through Pioneer Woman's cookbook and writing about it here. Today's entry is from my daughter-in-law, Amanda.**

This is a really yummy and easy breakfast recipe! Since I made it six months ago (oops), I've made it for my husband several times again because it's a good hearty recipe for when you don't want cereal.
Here's the huge amount of ingredients:
First, cut a hole in the bread. Use a biscuit cutter if you're sophisticated, but if not, use a knife and cut a wonky hole.
Pretty!
Butter and cast-iron are a beautiful thing. Toast the bread and crack the egg in the middle. Or, put the egg in a hole! So clever.

Yums!

3 comments:

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

I love fried eggs and toast - Are you supposed to break the yolk or not?

I don't have a biscut cutter, either, I just use a glass.

Judy said...

Jenny -- I don't think it matters if you break the yolk or not. Do it however you like your eggs.

Ethan Smith said...

I call that Fisherman in a Boat!